Medical-social

Hospital of the Sisters of the Cross – Deir El-Qamar

In 1932, Father Jacob chose a unique hill on which he raised a high Cross. In 1933, he built, in the village of Deir El-Qamar, an institution for all chronic diseases for the elderly, for mentally or physically disabled girls… . In 1937, the institution expanded to include an internal school for orphan girls, offering them primary education and vocational...
Read more

Hospital of Our Lady for chronic diseases – Antelias

Abouna Yaacoub decided to separate the physically disabled and elderly from the mentally diseased, so he founded an hospital in Antelias and transformed it into a branch of the Hospital of the Cross and moved the patients, men and women, to it. The project was then developed and expanded. Today it hosts 600 patients. In addition to medical care, this...
Read more

Home of Christ the King – Zouk Mosbeh

Abouna Yaacoub wanted to erect a statue for Christ the King, so work started on it in 1950. During work, workers discovered an underground natural grotto, when he received the news, Abouna Yaacoub exclaimed with joy: “This is for the Queen, the King doesn’t exist without the Queen”. He made of the grotto a shrine to honor Virgin Mary, the...
Read more

Institution of the Sisters of the Cross – Ijdabra

The Home was established under the name of the Immaculate Conception in 1977 and it is a gift by Father Francis Menhem with large lands. Since 1992, the home opened its door for disabled girls providing them with a comfortable and calm atmosphere for them to progress psychologically and socially....
Read more

Institution of the Sisters of the Cross – Shlifa

In August 1989, the project was inaugurated to include: a rehabilitation center for mentally retarded children (day hours) and a workshop for embroidery and dressmaking, in addition to the mission in the village and the suburbs. Moreover, the Sisters ran the French section and taught catechism courses at the public school upon a demand made by the people of the...
Read more

Institution of the Sisters of the Cross – Halba

In order to fulfill the wish of the founder to be present in the ends of Lebanon, the Congregation rented a house in Halba in 1992. Work started in it as a workshop and external center for the disabled children. The sisters provide Christian teaching at the school which is affiliated to the Maronite Diocese and pastoral activities. The presence...
Read more

Human Care Home – Fheiss – Jordan

The Sisters started their mission at Fheiss – Jordan in 1995. With the help of God and the generosity of Father Youssef Neemat who donated a piece of land and the cost of building of the social foundation, as well as Dar al-handasah that offered the plans free of charge and the sacrifices made by the Sisters, this new center...
Read more